Valette & Associates has a strong focus on corporate and financial transactions and, in addition, the country's largest practice in litigation and arbitration. Our intellectual property and immigration department has the highest experience.
Our Firm has extensive experience in advising commercial companies, which allows us to provide legal assistance in topics, including:
- Comprehensive corporate legal advice.
- Legal assistance in foreign investments in the Dominican Republic.
- Incorporation of Companies. Bylaw Reforms (Increase and decrease of capital, assignment of shares and quotas, powers and limitations of social bodies, etc.) Business Reorganizations.
- Mergers, Excises and Acquisitions.
- Corporate Transformations
- Settlement of Companies.
- Conflicts between partners.
- Constitution and maintenance of offshore companies.
- Health law: regulatory issues and health records
- Advice for the efficient execution of your investments in the Dominican Republic
- Advice on all tax matters of the local, departmental, national or international order that impact companies and natural persons.
REAL ESTATE AND CONSTRUCTION LAW
The Firm offers its clients legal advice on Real Estate Law issues, which include:
- Counseling in real estate negotiations.
- Structuring of real estate transactions.
- Trust real estate.
- Construction contracts.
- Constitution of Condominiums
- Disbursements, refunds and subdivisions of real estate
- Litigation before the Real Estate Jurisdiction
- Counseling on investment and law in real estate projects
- Real Estate Transfers
- Constitution and registration of mortgages and privileges
- Development of real estate contracts
- Constitution of Real Estate Consortiums
Intellectual Property and Consumer Law.
Within this framework, we see to the protection of trademarks and other distinctive signs of these companies, registrations and patent formalizations. In this sense, we focus on the law related to the Consumer Protection rules and the actions before the different state entities that govern the matter. In both cases, our Firm provides a service based on legal experience and knowledge.
The firm has strengthened its trademark law department in order to better serve its foreign customers, with respect to:
Registration of trademarks and trade names, opposition trials and unfair competition.
- Registration of models and industrial drawings
- Registration of patents and opposition trials.
- Licensing and transfer of rights.
- Processes for the improper use of trademark and industrial property rights.
We have traditionally represented foreign clients of different nationalities who invest and establish operations in the Dominican Republic. Among the services we offer are: Foreign investments in general to be carried out in the Dominican Republic
- Advice to foreign clients regarding investments in specific projects, research and negotiations.
- Complete legal advice to companies or private clients interested in establishing businesses and / or related activities.
- Related contracts and agreements.
- Migratory issues.
- Labor issues.
Immigration policy in the Dominican Republic has always been a primary and changing theme. Our Firm has the capacity for processing the different migratory categories that the Dominican legislation has structured:
- Advice on Dominican visa procedures
- Temporary residences
- Permanent Residences
- Definitive Residences
- Investment Residences
Valette & Asociados offers services in the different areas of banking law, assuming the representation of our clients in claims and procedures relating to matters such as:
- Bank contracts
- Bank Foreclosures, Mortgages, Debts
- Bank conflicts: negotiation for resolution or defense
- Credit and loan operations
- Project financing
Labor Law and Social Security
In this field we offer preventive advice, giving permanent review to contracts, causes of termination of work contracts, application of sanctions, negotiations of mutual agreements, etc., in order to minimize the risks and to prevent Companies from being involved in labor litigation.
Civil and Commercial Law:
The Firm advises and directs all kinds of private law matters:
- Drafting, Advice and review of all types of contracts and obligations
- Agreements, partitions and settlements
- Compulsive Coellections
- Judicial and Conciliatory Disputes
- Marriage Regimes
- Civil State Acts
Distribution and Franchising:
- Asesoramos en la apertura y negociación de todo tipo franquicia y acuerdo de distribución.
- Análisis de contratos de franquicia y de distribución.
- Asesoría y formalización de registros de distribución
- Soluciones de conflictos derivados de la ejecución y terminación de este tipo de acuerdos.
We provide legal advice regarding the establishment of industrial parks, special free zones and export zones in the country. We also offer all kinds of legal assistance, required by already established companies.
In the tourism sector, we advise our clients on possible investments, both through purchase and sale and on the lease of projects in the tourist area.
We advise and represent both, clients in their capacity as users of tourism services and all types of natural or legal persons who act as companies in the tourism sector in the exercise of their activity: tourist accommodation companies, tourist-residential-real estate.